Remove ticks in cats: Tips
If you want to remove ticks in cats, should do so as soon as possible to protect four-legged friend from diseases such as Lyme disease or anaplasmosis. What you should consider when handling with forceps, tell you these tips.
Remove ticks in cats: When in doubt, the vet helps.
Above all outdoor cats are at risk from tick bites and the possible infectious diseases Lyme disease and anaplasmosis. Therefore, the Federal Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons (BTK) recommends in a press release, to examine your pet after each clearance of parasites. If the tick is not bitten, you can simply dispose of the parasite. With one bite, you must remove the ticks in cats. This should be done as quickly as possible and with the right tools.
Using forceps remove ticks in cats
Examine practicable after each clearance for possible parasites. Your feline friend Important Tip: Discover a tick bite, you should always use a pair of tweezers and not the fingernails, if you want to remove ticks in cats.
“Grasp the tick using tweezers or tick remover between skin and ticks head and pull gently but determined, as straight out,” BTK President recommends Prof. Dr. Theo jacket. This is best done if you access the arachnid as close to the body of your feline friend with the tweezers.
With these funds you can remove ticks in cats
Tips for removing parasites
If you remove ticks in cats, you should never squeeze the parasite. Otherwise there is a risk that you “pump” the infected with pathogens tick’s saliva into the wound. Also do not use glue or nail polish should to to remove ticks on cats. Because you trickling away something on the parasite, this probably emptied his stomach contents into the wound and infect your feline friend.
Another tip:. Be thorough, so that nothing remains of the tick in or on your cat’s skin, which could lead to inflammation
If in doubt consult a veterinarian
If you do not trust yourself to remove the parasite itself, you can consult a vet who will do this. Important Tip: If you change the skin of your pet notice – about swelling or redness – should be anyway of course going to the vet. He can determine if a dangerous infection is present and treat them if necessary.